When there is harmony between the mind, heart, and resolution, then nothing is impossible.
— Rig Veda
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST TO KNOW WHY SAHANA IS AN IMPRESSIVE EMPRESS
Sahana Singh is an Engineer turned author commentator and public speaker based in Ithaca in New York State, USA. She is an environmental engineer by qualification who writes on a variety of issues including Indian history, water management and education. She is Director at Indian History Awareness and Research (IHAR), a Houston-based think tank. She is a Taksha Advisor and member of the Council of Advisors (CoA) for the Taksha Indic Sarasvati-Sindhu Civilization (TISSC) Center. She is also on the board of Ishwar Sewa Foundation, a US non-profit organization dedicated to helping Hindu refugees.
Her first book “The Educational Heritage of Ancient India – How an Ecosystem of Learning was Laid to Waste” has been appreciated for awakening Indians to the role played by India in spreading knowledge around the world. Her second book titled “Revisiting the Educational Heritage of India” explores in greater depth, the subject of India’s unique ecosystem of learning which created a knowledge-centred society and laid the foundation of the major academic disciplines being pursued today.
An alumnus of Delhi Technological University, Sahana made a career shift to writing after moving to Singapore. She worked as Editor of Asian Water Magazine for many years and has won several awards for journalism. Her articles have been published in Reader’s Digest, Washington Post, Discovery Channel Asia, Asian Water Magazine, Swarajya, IndiaFacts and other publications.
In her own words, she is a connector of dots, collector of gems, conveyor of thoughts & convenor of minds
ACHIEVEMENTS / AWARDS RECEIVED
- Won the 1st prize for film “The Forgotten Cycle” at the Urban Water Movie Contest organized by Delft Institute of Technology (http://tudelft.nl/en/current/latest-news/article/detail/the-forgotten-cycle-winnaar-urban-water-movie-contest/)
- Won Developing Asia Journalism Award (DAJA) in Nov 2008, awarded by Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Interviewed by UN Bureau Chief on views regarding water as a human right http://www.ipsnews.net/2010/07/un-declares-water-and-sanitation-a-basic-human-right/
- Won World Water Media Network Journalists’ Competition in Jan 2003 for article published in Asian Water titled “Invasive Species Cause Worldwide Havoc”. Was invited to 3rd World Water Forum in Japan to receive award in March 2003.
- Appointed a juror thrice (2017, 2018, 2021) for selecting winners of Bentley’s Year in Infrastructure Awards which honors the outstanding infrastructure projects by users of Bentley software throughout the world.
- Twice won 1st prize in All India Essay Writing Competition conducted by India’s largest circulated English Magazine ‘Competition Success Review’ in July 1993 and March 1994.
- Won Maxey Gold Medal in 1986 for standing first in ISC (High School leaving examination).
You can follow Sahana on
In this conversation, we discuss about
Her motivation to do research for writing and what gives her the confidence to do more
Building a positive mindset
- Her ability to connect with people and her genuine desire to see them happy
- Mental Health and Spirituality
- Having a good Work Life Balance
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Stay tuned and be the first to know when new content get published!