The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honourable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST TO KNOW WHY MADAM PRATIBHA PARKAR IS AN IMPRESSIVE EMPRESS
MADAM PRATIBHA PARKAR
Ms. Pratibha Parkar is an IFS Officer from Mumbai, India. She is currently posted in Frankfurt, Germany. Ms. Pratibha Parkar joined the Indian Foreign Service in the year 2000 and commenced her diplomatic career in the Embassy of India, Moscow. Later, she worked as First Secretary in the Embassy of India Jakarta, Indonesia and as Counsellor in the Permanent Mission of India to the United Nations in New York. She also worked in the Ministry of External Affairs in New Delhi as Under Secretary for Myanmar (2006-2008) and as Director for Bangladesh and Myanmar (2014-2017). She joined as Consul General of India at Frankfurt on 3 August 2017. Mrs. Parkar is a post-graduate in History from University of Mumbai. She is married to Mr. Sugandh Rajaram, a fellow Diplomat and has a daughter, aged 14.
You can follow Madam Parkar on
In this conversation, you will
- Understand what sparked Madam Parkar’s interest in public service
- Know first hand, what her opinion is about women, especially mothers.
- Know how to balance work and life
- Understand the ways to handle challenges and struggles of life
- Understand how her life has been enriched by leading in the days of DVUCAD (Diverse, Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous & Disruptive)
- Understand her definition of success and the purpose of her life