The Vedas, the Upanishads, the Gita, the epics, and the Tantric texts are indeed the bedrock of Indian culture and spirituality. To approach these texts not from a scholastic point of view, but rather to understand the living message pulsating in their words is the aim of this online course. By plunging into the philosophy of these texts, by gleaning their symbolism, and through a focused understanding of some of the significant words, verses and stories mentioned in these texts, the participants can begin to appreciate the significance of the Vedas, Upanishads and the Gita in the modern day and how they can guide us in our day-to-day living.
The course is aimed at
- To give exposure to the Shastric tradition of India
- To create greater awareness about the foundation laid down by the seers and sages of India
- To provide a deeper understanding of the essential teachings of the sacred texts of India
- To help drawing practical guidelines from the spiritual wealth of the ancient India
- To elucidate the relevance of the teachings of the ancient Indian seers and sages
- To introduce some of the great spiritual personalities of ancient India
- To explain the significance of spiritual heritage of India
After the completion of this short course the learners will:
- Have a good understanding of the spiritual tradition of India
- Develop a love for the teachings of the foundational texts of India’s spirituality
- Understand the deeper significance of the teachings of the ancient Indian seers and sages
- Grow more aware about many wide
- Spread misconceptions and misunderstandings about many aspects of the India’s spiritual tradition as reflected in its sacred texts
- Be able to put the teachings of the sacred texts of India into practice
- Gain confidence in diving further into the deeper dimensions of the sacred texts of India
Methodology: The content of the course will be delivered in the form of lectures of 45 minutes per session. The last 15 minutes of each session will be dedicated to Q&A. Session summary will be provided to the participants after each session. The recordings of the sessions will be made available for a limited period for those who find it difficult to attend the course live and for those opt to revisit the sessions.
Assessment: Short assignments will be provided to the participants to assess their understanding.
Feedback: Participants are expected to fill the feedback form at the end of the course and submit.
Participation Certificate: Ever participant attending the course will be given participation certificate after the course completion.
Course Fee: 4000 INR
Duration: 8 hours (one hour per session)
Medium: English (participants are free to ask their questions in English or Hindi)
Day 1: Introduction (what is Shastra and how to approach it)
Day 2: Introduction to Indian Culture & Sanskrit
Day 3: Introduction to the Veda
Day 4: Introduction to the Upanishads
Day 5: Introduction to the Ramayana
Day 6: Introduction to the Mahabharata
Day 7: Introduction to the Gita
Day 8: Introduction to Tantra
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org