Shloka are the Verses from great Ancient Indian texts like Vedas, Mahabharata and Ramayana. These verses introduce humans to a deeper understanding of life. Reciting Shlokas have diverse benefits which help us to integrate our understanding, feelings and emotional development together to live a purposeful and prosperous life.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Team of Experts have designed this 10 Weeks, Level 1 Shloka course with following learning objectives:
- Learn Shloka Chanting with Experts
- Learn How to Calligraph a Shloka in English and/Or Devanagari
- Recite the Shloka and get expert feedback
- Do multiple fun brain games to remember the shloka
- Understand the Meaning of the Shloka through games & quizzes
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
- Shloka Course is a self paced course, suited for children, adults & families
- The course has 100 activities, which can be done over 10 weeks. Though participants are free to complete it sooner or later.
- The course will focus on learning Chanting, Meaning Of the Shloka, Writing (English and/or Devanagari Script) & Recitation through multiple games, puzzles and activities.
- Experts will be providing regular feedback on the submissions
- Live sessions will be conducted on weekends, in small groups, once you complete each shloka or a set of Shlokas.
- Participants in the process will learn the pattern and style to learn the chanting of Shlokas in general.
ELIGIBILITY, FEES & DURATION
Ages: 6+ (no upper age limit). Useful for Children, Adults & Families
Course: Shlokas Level 1 Course with 100 Activities
Duration: 10 Weeks (We recommend to finish one shloka per week)
Time: At your own pace
Online Mode: On Ramayana School's Online Platform
Participation Fees: USD 60 for the 10 Weeks Course
Login-Password to the course will be shared after registering for the course
Note: Once registered participation fees can not be returned. You can always nominate someone else to attend the workshop on your behalf.
Here is the list of 10 most powerful Shlokas. Reciting these Shlokas regularly gives peace, calmness and focus. It allows channelizing the energy inside us and improves concentration, sharpens the memory and inculcates discipline to make us a better human being.
- “Vakratunda Mahakaya Suryakoti Samaprabha”- Vartakunda is dedicated to Lord Ganesha, the god of Charm and Luck. It is the prayer to him to remove the obstacles and bless with success. Lord Ganesha is prayed to at all the beginning of the work.
- “OM Saha Navavatu”- Om Saha is a Shanti Mantra to invoke Inner Peace. It helps to optimize and improve body functioning, bestows a heightened spiritual experience touching.
- “Sarasvati Namastubhyam”- This Shloka is dedicated to Goddess Sarasvati. Offering Salutations to Goddess, Who is the giver of Boons and fulfiller of Wishes. Receding this shloka illuminates the mind and gaining knowledge and Wisdom.
- “Gururbrahma Gururvishnu”- This is a salutation to the divine Guru. Prayer to the dispeller of darkness remover, who is the highest lord which enlighten us.
- “Namastestu Mahamaya”- This is dedicated to Goddess Laxmi who brings good luck in life. Recitation this Shloka is very powerful to gain prosperity as the Goddess Laxmi is grants boons to alleviate misfortunes, suffering, and poverty.
- “Sarva Mangala Mangalye”- This Shloka is a prayer to Goddess Parvati, One who is Pure, who is the fulfiller of the desires, protector of all. Every power in the world is the symbol of Goddess Parvati.
- “Ramaya Ramabhadraya”- This Shloka is a salutation to bestow Rama, a charismatic god who is a symbol of courtesy and virtues, a man of values and morals. This mantra removes all fears and promotes harmony.
- “Mukum Karoti”- This Shloka is a Prayer to Lord Krishna. Krishna who guides us to empower ourselves with inner strength, unleash our power towards achieving the best, and follow the path of Karma and Dharma.
- “Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah”- Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah Mantra helps to establish peace in the Universe and in our Hearts. The great sages of India chanting Shanti mantra and its echoes have reverberated through centuries which brings joy, happiness, and peace.
- “Asato Maa Sadgamaya”- Asato Maa is a Shanti Mantra. This mantra helps to keep us away from ignorance and darkness and will lead us to truth and light.
Learning these mantras and reciting them regularly Improves concentration, reduces violence and anger within and creates values among humans to live peacefully and harmonious quality life.
Organizer of Learn Shloka Chanting through a 10 weeks MOOC CourseThe Ramayana School is an endeavor to explore and contextualize the life lessons present in Ramayana to the present times. Ramayana School team has meticulously developed various innovative tools to dive deep into the stories, conversations, and characters of Ramayana and to translate them into real life learnings for children, parents, families, educators, and entrepreneurs.
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
stec_replace_min / stec_replace_max °stec_replace_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by Forecast.io