Online Course in the basics of Indian Aesthetics for Artists and Art Lovers : Perspectives from Bharata and Abhinavagupta
About the course
It will be a unique course on Abhinavabharati offered online for the first time in the world by the World Forum for Art and Culture. The class will be a combination of aesthetics of the dance form in its practical, literary, performance, and theatrical aspects.
- Fundamentals of Indian Aesthetics – drawing concepts from the Masters, especially Bharata Muni and Abhinavagupta.
- The Purpose of Theatre Art and the story of its creation.
- Concepts of Rasa and Bhāva.
- Concepts of Dhvani, Vakratā, and Aucitya.
- Study of passages from Nāṭyaśāstra and Abhinavabhāratī.
- Highlights of application of Classical Literature for Dancers.
Arjun Bharadwaj is a writer and translator, well-versed in Sanskrit, Kannada, English, German and Greek. With a deep interest in classical literature, art, and philosophy, he is a contributing editor of Prekshaa who is currently studying the comparative aesthetics of classical Greek and Indian arts. He has (co-)translated many books, authored over thirty research articles, enjoys composing poems, plays the flute, writes lyrics for dancers and also teaches the fundamentals of the Nāṭyaśāstra at many institutions.
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org