This course explores the contributions of the Hindus to the world in the realm of matter, which has shaped the material progress of humanity and examines the evidence for the sciences, technologies, inventions, industry, prosperity, and wealth that made India such a desirable civilization across time. This course is divided into Part A and Part B. This quarter we will offer Part A. This course is one of two mutually independent, but naturally supplementing courses. The second course will explore the Hindu contributions to the world in the realm of mind, which has influenced Human thought, sciences, and spirituality through time.
Course Learning Objectives
In this course, students will
- Discover the prosperity of the Hindu Civilization that lasted for millennia, till about a few hundred years ago.
- Uncover the advanced state of technology and industry practiced by the Hindus.
- Discover the Hindu ethos and perspective of practicing industry and trade in a sustainable manner.
- Examine the forces that can upset and destroy such millennia-long cultivated prosperity in a short time.
- Gain insight into the secret of prosperity and balance that the Hindus possessed which enabled their civilizational advancement and affluence.
- Develop the confidence to think laterally with regard to the challenges and problems facing humanity and propose paradigm-shifting approaches towards the future.